Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

La Frontera Mexican Grill - Hackensack, NJ - Review

I am always on the lookout for a decent Mexican joint and by golly, I think I found it.  Better than the Hacienda in Paterson, but no bar and way better than Blue Moon in Wyckoff, this place is as close to authentic as I have seen locally. A nice variety of items on the menu is sure to please anyone.
Right off the bat, you are greeted with "FRESH" salsa and warm chips.  The salsa has a nice light flavor with a little kick.
For apps we take on the sampler, with the addition of nachos in the center, hey there were 6 of us.  We also got the chorizo cheese dip and shrimp with garlic sauce.  Everything was very flavorful with robust flavors and just the right amount of heat.  The jalapeno poppers on the platter were awesome!
For entrees we had, chicken burrito, Carne academy burrito, Bistro poble steak with fried eggs over fries (really good), Chicken enchiladas, Tres Tacos and Shrimp in a spicy sauce (can't remember the name).  Everyone was very pleased with what the ordered and cleared their plates.  I had the Carne burrito, nothing short of filling, that I can assure you.  Packed with beans, rice, cheese and beef, topped with a salsa verde, which really brightened the dish up.  Flavors were right on and the accompanying rice and beans actually had flavor as well.
Needless to say, this place feeds you and I can't imagine anyone would leave hungry.
The service was very good and the prices were reasonable, if I remember correctly, about $55.00 per couple.
So if you're looking for a decent Mexican place close by give it a shot.  I just hope the next time we go back we have the same experience......I am dying to try one of their Tortas!

No comments:

Post a Comment