Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Seafood Gourmet Maywood, NJ - Review

What can I say about what used to be my favorite little secret other than the secret is out.  Uuggh, I love this place, I was looking for a really good seafood restaurant in the area and didn't want to pay Oceanos/Varka prices.  So about five years ago i went web searching and found this little joint and boy was i impressed.  Simple, tasty and always fresh seafood for a reasonable price.  I finally found what i was looking for.  I have been here many, many times and am just now getting around to writing about it.  This time our group of four ordered buffalo popcorn, fried calamari and mussels in a red sauce.  The calamari is always light and crispy, the mussels, well gobbled down by my father in law and the buffalo shrimp, tasty but not to hot.  As usual everyone enjoyed the meal and commented on how fresh the fish was and always is.  They ordered lemon sole, primavera with scallops and shrimp, halibut, grilled with spinach and I had the special, bouillabaisse.  This was delightful, full of flavor and everything cooked perfectly, the cod, shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops and rough chopped veggies melted in your mouth.   I highly recommend it if you see it on the special menu.  It was a tough decision, since they also had a favorite of mine, soft shell crabs, which i have had in the past and were very very good.  $135.00 for four entrees, 3 apps, soup or salad inc. and apples crisp, at a seafood place is not a crazy bill, i think most will agree.  I highly recommend this local friendly, tiny seafood restaurant on the main drag of Maywood, NJ to anyone.
Go and enjoy.
P.S its also a seafood market, so you can also grab some fresh fish for dinner on the way home from work.
http://www.seafood-gourmet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment