Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rigoletto Pasquale - Arthur Ave Bronx, NY - Review


We went to Arthur Ave for a nice day out to get some Italian goodies and wound up here for lunch.  The menu was traditional Italian with some authentic specials.
For apps we ordered Caesar Salad which was nice, the lettuce was crisp and the dressing was a lighter version of your typical Caesar dressing.  Stuffed artichoke, this was cooked well but lacked in flavor, it also had an odd taste, not a bad taste, just and unusual ingredient I can’t put my taste bud on.  Baked clams, flavorful and the way I like them, the clam shucked and stuffed, not diced up clam with stuffing shoved back into the shell. 
The main courses were Gnocchi Bolognese which was very tasty and well done, not meat drowning in a tomato sauce, but a meat sauce with a little marinara to round it out.  Penne arrabiata, spicy yet tasty and I really do not like spicy dishes.  I had the papparedelle special with rabbit ragu.  This was very tasty, but found some bones in the meat, which can be overlooked, but shouldn’t be, in my opinion.
Desserts were lemon torta della nonna and pistachio cheesecake.  The torta was very good and had a really big punch of lemon.  The cheesecake was OUT OF THIS WORLD, no joke, probably the best cheesecake I have ever had, and I highly recommend it.
Over all a nice experience, but a little pricey especially for a lunch at $141.00 for 4 people. At just under $50.00 per person with 3 apps, 3 lunches and 2 desserts, it just seems a little much for a quick lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment