Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Arturo's Restaurant Midland Park, NJ - Review


Anyone who says this restaurant is good or better is off their rocker.  This place is eh at best.  I have been there more times than I like to admit and each time was equally bad.  The two stars are simply because the place looks nice and the ambience is very nice as well, but the nice stops there. 
Although the wait staff is prompt and courteous they just can't make up for the bad food.   I can’t remember anything that was good, Caesar salad - bland, sausage broccoli rabe special - greasy and let me not forget the "fresh made” fettuccine alfredo, the worst!  Anytime you get fresh pasta that is essentially a bowl of mush you would send it back as we did, what you don't expect is it to come back with a comment from the chef saying that “fresh pasta is supposed to be that way and if we give you another plate it would probably be the same”,  really? Gimme a break!  I don’t know if the chef actually said that, but that statement was conveyed by the waitress.  Either way, whoever said it, some idiot in the kitchen or the chef himself, they should be embarrassed.  And the desserts, well let’s just say they were more than likely of the frozen defrosted variety. 
One last thing, the prices, what are they thinking? They should have never bought this location and stayed in the original spot 2 doors down the food was much better then,  but that was a long, long time ago, my have things changed.
Do I need to go on? I think I have wasted enough of my time in this poor review, which I hate giving to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment