Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Il Cinghiale - Review


Il Cinghiale Trattoria - Little Ferry, NJ - Review
This little authentic Italian Trattoria is in my opinion, one of the best around.  It happens to be my current favorite Italian restaurant.  Not only for the exceptional food and good service, but it has what many typical Italian places lack, diversity.  The menu is not the typical, chicken parmegiano, veal francese...etc.  They have many unique dishes to accommodate the most finicky and adventurous dinners.
We are greeted by the owner, who is always around waiting tables, Nicola.  We are seated promptly with olives, bread and olive oil placed almost immediately.  A nice touch I might add.
We start off with a few appetizers - Caesar salad for me, grilled vegetables and burrato cheese for my wife and the special - sausage with hot peppers and potatoes.
The three apps are very good, with large portions except for the grilled veg plate.  I thought there could have been a little more in the way of "grilled veg".
My wife had the "signature" papparadelle with wild boar ragu.  We have had this numerous times in the past and it has been nothing short of consistently spectacular each time.
I went for the pork shank, over wild mushroom risotto....awesome, just awesome.  The meat juicy and flavorful which literally fell "off the bone", coupled with the chianti reduced sauce really rounded out the dish.
Unfortunately, I ate everything on the plate (picture below) and had no room for the decadent Pistachio Gelato Parfait, which I normally indulge in.
To me, the pricing is fair for a byo, $78.00 before tip for 2 appetizer's, 1 appetizer special, 1 main course, 1 special main course and berries with cream for dessert.
I have to admit, I am a little reluctant to post such a positive review because I am a little selfish.  I want the owner to do well, but don’t want to wait forever to get a table....which leads me to say, MAKE A RESERVATION!
I can’t praise Nicola enough for the job he has done in a little over a year of being open...Well Done!
I truly recommend this for any occasion, I even had my wife’s birthday party here last year.
here is the face book link if your interested:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trattoria-Italiana-IL-Cinghiale/186712934702940



No comments:

Post a Comment